Vice President of Investor Relations for Orange County United Way
ORANGE COUNTY UNITED WAY MISSION & ORGANIZATION
(2014) – Orange County United Way (OCUW) mission is to “improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of Orange County to strengthen our community.” OCUW engages individual donors and local corporations to support the education, income/financial stability, health and housing needs of Orange County’s most vulnerable populations.
Over the next ten years, Orange County United Way is challenging the community to come together to help the next generation of Orange County children succeed by focusing on the building blocks for a good quality of life: Education, Income, Health and Housing. This focus has created an organization-wide commitment to mobilize all sectors of the community: corporate, grant-making, donors, and 87 community impact partners. Towards this goal, OCUW has redefined its approach to individual donor engagement.
VICE PRESIDENT OF INVESTOR RELATIONS
The Vice President of Investor Relations is a newly enhanced position intended to oversee the planning, strategic development and implementation of all major gifts procurement from both individual and institutional donors. The Vice President will provide the strategic direction and oversight of OCUW’s Investor Relations team members focusing on individual major donors, donor affinity groups, grants, endowments, and special events related to these areas.
Ultimately, this leadership position will create the strategies, program based campaigns, and major gifts leadership circles that engage existing donors, identify potential new donors, advance relationship building with those prospects, and pursue timely and appropriate solicitation of gifts. The Vice President of Investor Relations will be required to:
- Increase the non-workplace giving from the current $4 million to $8 million over the next four years.
- Design, plan, develop, and execute a comprehensive strategy to increase major unrestricted gifts on behalf of OCUW to enhance the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors.
- Implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donor prospects at the $100,000+ level, and work collaboratively across the organization to secure maximum gifts from identified prospects.
- Work collaboratively with OCUW volunteers and staff members to identify opportunities to connect donors to OCUW through the four targeted programs as well as one-time projects.
- Design process that will increase the use of community philanthropists in the leadership, cultivation and solicitation process.
- Implement creative ways of packaging and marketing OCUW programs to targeted philanthropic supporter
- Design strategies to enhance both the planning giving program and the endowment fund.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE and CAREER PATH
The ideal candidate has a creative, entrepreneurial and innovative approach to work, the ability to represent OCUW professionalism, and possesses strong and engaging communication skills (both written and spoken.) At a minimum, this position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree, a Masters is preferred
- Seven – ten years of increasing experience and responsibility in Major Gift Solicitations and Campaigns, Endowment Development, Communications and Special Events as they relate to Major Gifts and Individual Donor Engagement Campaigns.
- Significant knowledgeable of the Southern California philanthropic sector
OCUW is offering an industry competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, OCUW also offers health, dental and retirement benefits.
Please submit the following to moc.setaicossAdnagnitihWellehciMnull@nageM.
1.) Cover letter: All candidates are strongly encouraged to develop a cover letter that describes how their qualifications, experiences and past successes in building major gifts and individual giving programs fully intersect with United Way Orange County’s needs for this position.
3.) Compensation history and Compensation requirements
All three attachments must be received; incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of applications only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls to be placed to Orange County United Way.
Orange County United Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.