About Development Assessment & Planning
MW&A conducts development assessments to assess the efficacy of nonprofit advancement programs and determine the readiness for capital campaigns. These comprehensive audits are critical to identify: identify new sources of individual and institutional funding, best practices, crucial missing activities, strategies that need to be bolstered, and tactics to provide greater returns from financial and human resource investments.
Assessment findings are ascertained through the review of:
- Past and current fundraising practices as well as the overall organizational financial performance;
- Assessment of staff, board, and fundraising/campaign volunteers;
- Internal interviews with staff, Board Chair, Executive Committees, the Development Chair, etc.;
- External discussions with existing and potential donors; and
- Consultation with successful development professionals and funding leaders in the local, regional and national philanthropic community to determine fundraising trends.
Some of the clients we have been honored to work with in development & campaign assessment planning: THINK Together, Mar Vista Family Center, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Girls Incorporated Orange County, Common Threads, The Gay and Lesbian Center of Orange County, The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum, Aquarium of the Pacific, Project Hope Alliance, TEEN LINE at Cedars Sinai, Bolsa Chica Conservancy & Wetlands, and University of California, Irvine’s Beall Center for Applied Innovation, The Joffrey Ballet, and Ballet West.