About Development Assessment & Planning
MW&A conducts development audits to assess the efficacy of nonprofit advancement programs. Audits are critical to identify: best practices, crucial missing activities, strategies that need to be bolstered, and tactics to provide greater returns from financial and human resource investments.
Audit findings are ascertained through the review of:
- Past and current fundraising practices as well as the overall organizational financial performance;
- Assessment of staff, board, and fundraising volunteers;
- Internal interviews with staff, Board Chair, Executive Committees, the Development Chair, etc.;
- External discussions with existing and potential donors; and
- Consultation with successful Development Professionals in the local community on regional fundraising trends.
Some of the clients we have been honored to work with in development & assessment planning: THINK Together, Mar Vista Family Center, Girls Incorporated Orange County, Common Threads, The Gay and Lesbian Center of Orange County, The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum, Aquarium of the Pacific, Project Hope Alliance and TEEN LINE at Cedars Sinai.